H.R. 1430, the "Honest and Open New EPA Science Treatment (HONEST) Act of 2017"
Letters in Opposition
Below are letters and statements from organizations detailing opposition to and concerns with H.R. 1430, the HONEST Act:
- American Geophysical Union
- Environmental Defense Action Fund
- Environmental Data Governance Initiative
- Consortium for Ocean Leadership
- American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Association of Geographers, American Chemical Society, American Geosciences Institute, American Geophysical Union, American Institute of Biological Sciences, American Meteorological Society, American Society of Agronomy, American Sociological Association, Association of American Universities, Association of Public and Land-grant Universities, Brown University, Consortium for Ocean Leadership, Crop Science Society of America, Duke University, Ecological Society of America, Harvard University, The National Postdoctoral Association, Soil Science Society of America, University of California System, University of Maine, University of Pennsylvania, University of Toledo
- American Lung Association, American Thoracic Society
- Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments, American Lung Association, American Public Health Association, American Thoracic Society, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Health Care Without Harm, National Medical Association, Physicians for Social Responsibility
- American Association for Justice, Clean Water Action, Daily Kos, Earth Action, Inc., Earthjustice, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP), League of Conservation Voters (LCV),
Natural Resources Defense Council, Protect Our Winters (POW),
Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR), Public Citizen, Rachel Carson Council, Safer Chemicals Healthy Families, Sierra Club, Waterkeeper Alliance, Inc.
- Union of Concerned Scientists